Saturday 22 December 2012

Media links...

For those that are interested in that sort of thing, here are a couple more links about my "Big Year" attempt.

The Univerity of Guelph wrote an article about it a few weeks ago. The link: http://atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2012/12/birder-spots-344-species-and-counting/

I think it is very well written for an article on birding! The author actually explains a bit of the strategy of the big year, all the facts are correct, and he stays away from most of those cliches that often show up in articles about birders (example: the birders flocked to the spot where the rare bird was).

Yesterday morning I was on CBC's Ontario Morning radio show talking about my big year. The link can be found here: http://tunein.com/radio/Ontario-Morning-p2503/

It is the first segment in the podcast from December 21. Near the beginning of the interview my phone was having reception problems, so some of my answers are cut off. Additionally, I wasn't fully awake, since the interview was at 6:10 AM. I had set my alarm, but then fell back asleep and woke up to my phone ringing and the person telling me, "You're live in 30 seconds". lol. That might explain why I said the Thick-billed Kingbird showed up on October 28 instead of August 28.

1 comment:

Alan Wormington said...

You snooze ... you lose!