Thursday 28 July 2011

Baby sna-a-a-a-a-a-akes, yeah

I was listening to the song "Baby Snakes" by Frank Zappa earlier today, so I think it is appropriate to post this photo of one of the first neonate Butler's Gartersnakes we got last week. Isn't it cute......



Also, check out this map that Stuart Immonen made. It shows all of (or most of, at least) the sewage lagoons in southern Ontario. Definitely a great resource for someone looking to expand their reportoire of regularly visited shorebird/duck/wading bird spots. I haven't even heard of half the places, but I'm excited to check some of them out.
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=215071390295034379940.0004a84783d0759ae0dcd&msa=0

That's all for know! I'm looking forward to doing a bit of birding this weekend and trying out the new lens which just arrived (Nikon 300 f/4 AF-S).

No comments: