Saturday 23 July 2011

Finally some birding tomorrow

It seems that a few good birds have been moving around lately. Brandon and Kenny had a Cattle Egret at Holiday Beach, and Pointe Mouillee in Michigan now has 2 Little Blue Herons, the two Ibises (one a White-faced), an American Avocet, 5 Cattle Egrets, 2 Snowy Egrets, etc. It seems that wading birds are on the move! Additionally, White Ibises have shown up in Kansas and Missouri in the last couple of days as well.

At work, all of the Butler's Gartersnakes that I am radiotracking have given birth. It has been a hectic 3 weeks, but now I have the freedom to take the day (well, some of it anyways) tomorrow to NOT work. I am meeting up with Ken Burrell tomorrow, hoping to hit up some of the usual spots in Essex/Chatham Kent. Holiday Beach, Pelee, Hillman Marsh, Wheatley, Blenheim, Ridgetown, and Tilbury lagoons, etc. Maybe if I get lucky I'll cross paths with some good birds.  I still haven't seen a Stilt Sandpiper or Least Bittern for the year.

Sorry for the lack of real content lately. I'll have part 3 of the "snakes of Ontario' series up tonight, covering Eastern Milksnake, Black Ratsnake, Eastern Hognose Snake, and Eastern Foxsnake.

1 comment:

Blake A. Mann said...

Looking forward to your finds! 3 Stilt sands at Tilbury today, so you should get them there!