Friday 19 October 2018

Borneo!

On Monday I returned from Sabah, the Malaysian state that is located in the north part of the island of Borneo. I was in Sabah to leave a nature tour for Quest Nature Tours, returning for my second "tour of duty" after a successful trip in October 2017. (For those of you that may be interested in going to Borneo, we'll be heading back in Oct 2020 - click this link for details).

At some point I will likely put together a day-by-day summary of this year's trip, much like how I did for last year, but that will have to be a project for this winter as I still have the remaining Guyana posts to make, plus some upcoming travel plans very shortly. In the meantime, I thought I would post a few of the photos from this recent trip. I've only edited a few so far, but that's better than nothing. Without further ado!

Black-barbed Flying Dragon (Draco melanopogon)

Maroon Leaf Monkey (Presbytis rubicunda)

Ghost Crab (Ocypode sp.)

Asian Water Monitor (Varanus salvator)

Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)

Blue-naped Parrot (Tanygnathus lucionensis)

Mossy Bush Frog (Philautus macroscelis)

Black-sided Flowerpecker (Dicaeum monticolum)

Trilobite beetle (Platerodrilus paradoxus)

Mountain Treeshrew (Tupaia montana)

Bornean Orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus)


Wagler's Pit Viper (Tropidolaemus wagleri)

Haaniella scabra


Hooded Pitta (Pitta sordida)

1 comment:

Susan Cooper said...

Josh, great photos. The Mossy Bush Frog is funny and cute!