Saturday 10 October 2020

ONshore Birding Take Flight and Blog Changes

For the last few years I have thought about starting my own birding/nature tour company in Ontario, and that day has finally arrived. My company is called ONshore Birding and I will lead small group tours as well as private tours in Ontario! The website is ONshorebirding.com.

American Avocets - Hillman Marsh, Essex County


This autumn I have a few trips planned that still have some availability. They include:

October 24: Raptors and Waterbirds of Port Stanley
October 27: Autumn Birding in Hamilton

Additionally I will be running half-day and full-day trips along the Niagara River on a several weekend dates in November and December. Currently, I have November 14, 15 and 28 listed, but I will add some additional dates later in the year as well.

Each of the above tours will have a maximum of six guests. If you are interested or would like to discuss a potential private tour, please email me at joshvandermeulen@live.ca.

Slaty-backed Gull - Thorold, Niagara Region

I will be making some changes to the content that I post to this blog as well. From now on, all of my Ontario content will be posted to the blog that I host at ONshore birding. To add a link to the ONshore Birding Blog on the sidebar of your blog, use this URL: www.onshorebirding.com/2/feed

However, I will continue to keep Explorations of an Ecologist active. I will just focus the content on trips I take outside of Ontario. I am planning on posting the rest of my Costa Rica photos from March, and I still have some content from last autumn in Ecuador. Eventually I would like to produce a series of blog posts about the Galápagos islands as well. 

Brown-throated Three-toed Sloths - La Selva Biological Station, Costa Rica

If anyone would like to pass along the information about ONshore Birding to any potentially interested parties I would be very grateful! Thanks and hope to see you in the field!

Josh

4 comments:

Blake A. Mann said...

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with your new tour company!

Roxane Filion said...

Wishing you success with this new adventure Josh!

Josh Vandermeulen said...

Thanks Blake and Roxane - I appreciate it!

Nick Bonomo said...

Awesome - best of luck, Josh! Looking forward to reading about it.